Dirty Looks Official Forum
WELCOME ON THE OFFICIAL DIRTY LOOKS MESSAGE BOARD.

Please login to enter forum

Not member yet ? Register now (it's free)

TOUR DATES
CATALOGUE RE-ISSUE
NEW UPCOMING RELEASE

Come on in to talk over between fans
Chatbox open 24H !
Send messages to the band.

You are all welcome Dirty fans !

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

WELCOME ON THE OFFICIAL DIRTY LOOKS MESSAGE BOARD.

Please login to enter forum

Not member yet ? Register now (it's free)

TOUR DATES
CATALOGUE RE-ISSUE
NEW UPCOMING RELEASE

Come on in to talk over between fans
Chatbox open 24H !
Send messages to the band.

You are all welcome Dirty fans !
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HENRIK OSTERGAARD 1964-2011 R.I.P.

DIRTY LOOKS FRONTMAN, HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY ! R.I.P. Henrik

You are not connected. Please login or register

HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY

+7
Kdogg2526
miinsane
FANNMAN
Krose
tech1171
edolecki
Lionel
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Empty HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:41 pm

Lionel

Lionel
Admin

R.I.P. Henrik

Henrik Ostergaard, lead Singer for the band Dirty Looks and current FnA Recording Artist, passed away this morning, Thursday January 27th, 2011 at 9:18 a.m. The cause of death at this time is unknown and the results of an autopsy are pending. The rock world will sadly mourn the loss of this 80's hard rocker. Ostergaard, who was of Danish descent, lived in Erie, Pennsylvania. In 1985, Henrik started the band Dirty Looks. Three independent albums and an EP would soon follow, which led to Dirty Looks getting signed by Atlantic Records. Later in Henrik's career, he would be signed to Sony Records and most recently FnA Records where he released a new album, I.C.U., in 2010. Ostergaard is survived by his 2 children Henrik Jr. and Elliot

Any current or former band members or fans who would like to have their condolences, thoughts or reflections on Henrik posted, please send to thewebguy@dirtylooksmusic.com

Last edited by Lionel on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.dirtylookseurope.com

2HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Empty Re: HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:08 pm

edolecki

edolecki

I am shocked and saddened by this terrible, terrible news. I don't need to know anything more, but I'd be lying if I wasn't curious to know more. R.I.P. and God bless you, your family, and your friends. Cool From The Wire will be played all night in your honor.

I see that he was under hospice care... did he have cancer or something? It would seem that his end was a known entity by his family? If buried in Erie, I'd love to know where so I can pay my sincere respects.

3HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Empty R.I.P. Henrik Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:23 pm

tech1171

tech1171

I had the pleasure of being able to spend time with Henrik sevral years ago in Rochester. He always took the time to hang out and chat, and i am still in absolute shock he's gone. I guess he was one of those guys we looked up to in music, and expected to be around forever. God speed Henrick, love you man. No
Bill
Dirty Looks Fan 4 Life.

4HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Empty Re: HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:28 pm

Krose

I'm thankful that Henrik made some music for all of us during his last several years. I believe he knew the end was near and he wanted to enjoy doing what he liked most. God Bless You Henrik!

5HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Empty Re: HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:29 pm

FANNMAN

In 1989 I turned 16yrs old and came across Turn of The Screw. I listened to it so much that I wore the cassette out and had to buy another. I have been a huge fan of DL ever since and have particularly loved the new stuff that has come out in the last few years. I never had the pleasure of seeing the band live but it has always been one of my favorites. I will listen to this band until I am gone from this earth. Henrik was one of a kind, as were his bands, and will remain great in the hearts of their fans. May God bless his family at this time.

6HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Empty Re: HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:10 am

miinsane

RIP Henrik...

Thank you for releasing one of the truly FLAWLESS albums ever, "Cool From The Wire".

7HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Empty Lost but not forgotten!! Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:54 am

Kdogg2526

What can I say as there are no words to describe what a great loss this is. Henrik and the rest of the guys in Dirty Looks have given me so many memories over the years. From the numerous times I saw them at the Penny Arcade in Rochester, NY or Impaxx in Buffalo, or the time we drove to Cleveland or Youngstown, OH. Those are some of the best days of my life and I will never forget what a great Band they were.

My proudest moment was when I found out that Henrik wanted to use the photos I took of them in the early 90's for California Free Ride, not only was it a great CD but to have my name and photos on it is a Dream Come True.

Henrik may be gone but not forgotten

Thanks again for all the great times.

Kevin

8HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Empty Re: HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:29 am

edolecki

edolecki

I'll never forget my first Dirty Looks show. I was in high school in Erie and a bunch of friends went to see them play in a gymnasium somewhere. They weren't on a stage, but on the floor. I was standing a few feet away from the band and they broke into that F*** You song. I remember sweat, leather, great musicians and a voice that was incredible. What a vibe. It's the only time I got to see them play live and I still remember it as if it happened yesterday. F. Miss you even more Henrik.

9HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Empty Good Bye My Good Friend!! Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:10 am

coryparkinwyldsideradio

coryparkinwyldsideradio

Henrik was one of my Best friends!!. We spoke often and along with all his family we always wished him the best.. Its a very sad Day for me to Know My best friend has moved on to Main Stage in the sky. I can at least say I had the privilege to Be a part of his life in the end!

I remember back in early 2007 I spoke with him to do a interview and his response was "Who The Fuck Cares About The Dirty Looks!"
I explained to Henrik that his talents had touched so many hearts and soals if he liked it or not "People still love his talants and want more!! and he needs to check out posts all over the internet of what people are saying.

Henrik was never PC savvy he didn't even know how to turn a PC on. after sevral weeeks Henrik and I spoke daily and talked about life, music, relationships, and anything that friends talk about. Many times Henrik and I would call just to break down emotionaly and help one another with life hurdles. After sevral months and phone conversations I encouraged Henrik to get off his ass and continue to write music and play Dirty Looks again. He finaly understood that with the fan base and following he still had after the glam erra that there still was fire left for the band "Dirty Looks"

With the Help of his close personal friend in P.A David Strenio Henrik was back in the saddle again doing a show at the Warner theater in P.A.
Henrik called daily and wanted me to attend this event but due to my touring shedule I couldnt see my good friend perform. I could kick myself for not attending this venue.

I want to personaly Thank David Strenio Henriks Right hand man for introducing Henrik and I and mostly for being there for Henrik.
Henrik Left this world as a legendary Rock Icon from Liver failure peacefully at home surrounded with family and friends.
Henrick I love you and will miss you dearly. May your music continue to live on and your smile grace all of us every time we see your action packed videos and glowing pictures.
Sincerely Your dear friend Cory Parkin " Wyldside Radio Show"
confused

10HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Empty God Bless Henrik and his family & friends Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:30 pm

trojanvitty

I was sad to hear of the death of Henrik on XM's Hair Nation today. I was shocked. My daughter, who is only 13, was sad once I explained the band he sang for to her. She said "Dad we just heard them on your Ipod."
Dirty Looks has been a favorite of mine since the late 80's and it was because of the distinct sound and great vocals. We have lost another great rock voice and I appreciate Henrik's contribution to rock and roll. I'm sure he and Ronnie James and sooo many others are having a great time up in the rock and roll heavens.
God Bless Henrik, his family and friends and all of the Dirty Looks family.
Mike Vitalich
San Pedro, California

coryparkinwyldsideradio

coryparkinwyldsideradio

Here is a Remastered of Five Easy Pieces we did in the studio. with a Great Audio Blooper of Henrik.
R.I.P My Friend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2R2-i9tWcI

12HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Empty Re: HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:06 pm

rockdoc

rockdoc

last night i was sitting with my Dirty Looks shirt on.
Flipped channel to "That Metal show". they mentioned Henrik had passed. I couldnt believe what i heard!
Dirty Looks helped get me through the "cheese metal" days by playing some of the best Rock n Roll ever!
I loved his band. have every cd i could find with Henrik's name on it.
Was so excited when he and the band started making music again.
no one does it like you do Henrik.
I remember watching a show in San Antonio, then driving to Houston the next night to see Dirty Looks again! ( hope you didnt think i was a stalker Smile
Henrik, may you rest in peace. you were appreciated and will be missed.

13HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Empty Re: HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:06 am

Milestone216

I was very shocked and saddened to hear of Henrik's passing. I played music myself for a number of years and I must say the work of Henrik and Dirty Looks was a huge influence to me in the beginning.

I remember seeing Dirty Looks when I was 17yrs old in Selinsgrove, Pa. while they were supporting the "In Your Face" record. I remember them taking the stage and just experiencing a full on assault of riff heavy kick ass rock n' roll! They were like a well oiled Rock n' Roll machine! From the opening riffs of "Put a Spell on You" to the last notes of "Get Off",I was blown away! I, along w/ many others in attendance, were die hard fans from that day forward. My buddys and I just looked at each other and were like..yeah, that's what it's all about.

Henrik and his amazing music will be missed. RIP Brother -

14HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Empty Re: HENRIK OSTERGAARD PASSES AWAY Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Lionel wrote:R.I.P. Henrik

Henrik Ostergaard, lead Singer for the band Dirty Looks and current FnA Recording Artist, passed away this morning, Thursday January 27th, 2011 at 9:18 a.m. The cause of death at this time is unknown and the results of an autopsy are pending. The rock world will sadly mourn the loss of this 80's hard rocker. Ostergaard, who was of Danish descent, lived in Erie, Pennsylvania. In 1985, Henrik started the band Dirty Looks. Three independent albums and an EP would soon follow, which led to Dirty Looks getting signed by Atlantic Records. Later in Henrik's career, he would be signed to Sony Records and most recently FnA Records where he released a new album, I.C.U., in 2010. Ostergaard is survived by his 2 children Henrik Jr. and Elliot

Any current or former band members or fans who would like to have their condolences, thoughts or reflections on Henrik posted, please send to  thewebguy@dirtylooksmusic.com
RIP

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum